Thursday, February 25, 2010

Believers Ministry-guest writer, Chaplain Brent Daniels





Guest writer for Believers Ministry
Brent is a N.C. Highway Patrolman in Winston Salem, N.C.  He just finished his training to be a Chaplain. His ministry has been a blessing to many.  I hope you are blessed by this piece he wrote on Christian living.


TEST ME OH LORD TO SEE THAT I AM PLEASING TO YOU
by Brent Daniels






Psalm 26:2-3
Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.


Have you ever done a self-examination of your life from a spiritual, physical, and emotional standpoint? As a Christian and public servant, I have trained myself into doing this daily. I am a very passionate person that takes life and relationships very seriously, I know that. But, if I do not keep a check on myself, how is The Lord going to be able to use me? How will I be able to endure the high calling that The Lord has on my life combined with the stress of my current profession? If any of these areas get ignored, how will that be a benefit to my life or a blessing to others? If I lose sight of the importance of my spiritual health, my personal relationship with The Lord will suffer greatly. So therefore, the spiritual examination has to be looked upon with great importance. The maintenance of my spiritual health comes when I am surrounded in fellowship to worship with other believers, prayer, devotional/scripture reading, and obedience to The Holy Spirit. The maintenance of my physical health comes when I exercise, get enough rest, and strive to maintain an overall appropriate level of physical health. The maintenance of my emotional health comes when I find others that I trust to communicate with and debrief from the stressful situations that life brings daily. If you have a true, trusted and loving relationship with others, they will hold you accountable for your actions. By a loved one holding us accountable in any of these three areas, we find ourselves in a state of constant progression. By carrying out what was just mentioned, we are working towards something for a positive result, instead of allowing ourselves to regress into that which has a negative result.


Please focus on what the Apostle Paul is inspired to convey to the Church at Corinth in 1 Corinthians 13:1-10.


1 Corinthians 13:1-10
This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses." I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others, since you are demanding proof that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you. Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test. Now we pray to God that you will not do anything wrong. Not that people will see that we have stood the test but that you will do what is right even though we may seem to have failed. For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth. We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is for your perfection. This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority—the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down. 


In the process of an honest self-examination, you might find yourself with the need to do some tearing down first. Physically, strength and muscle building comes with the price of pain and hard work. Emotionally, one has to become vulnerable to grow in true love. In order for spiritual revival to occur, one must break down the walls that fortify the heart against the will of The Holy Spirit. These same walls hold in all the worldliness as well as the old self. Are you willing to do that self-examination today? Are you willing to make some progressive lifestyle changes? Are you willing to let the worldliness go from you and allow The Holy Spirit to take over and be your guide? I am trusting that you will, by first calling on The Lord for every ounce of your strength to make this happen. It is for a worthy cause, for He is worthy!


Father in Heaven, I pray and plead with You today for every ounce of Your strength to be poured into Your people. Help us to see that as Christians, we must progress in our relationship with You. Help us to examine ourselves and remove from our life that which keeps us from a closer walk with you. Father, please forgive us for our shortfalls and all of the sinful impurities that separate us from Your perfect will and divine plan. We know that we cannot occupy the blessing and the curse at the same time. May Your Holy Spirit be our guide to making those decisions. In Jesus name, AMEN.


Choose To Be Blessed!!!


The Running The Race For The Prize Administrative Team


http://www.runningtheracefortheprize.org 

Brent Daniels





Running The Race For The Prize Ministries


http://www.runningtheracefortheprize.org







Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


- 1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments:

Post a Comment